Monday, September 28, 2015

Learning to Fly/Fall

A couple months ago, I was at a poly meet where many newbies were present.  A strong theme was regarding how to keep yourself, and your existing relationship, safe as a person exploring polyamory. One experienced soul said that safety was an illusion, and to just let go of the idea of having a "safe" environment. On the surface, that kind of bothered me.  Part of our job as individuals is addressing our own safety, right?

Watching high trapeze artists, one notices the athleticism, the coordination, the sychronicity, the skin tight outfits, the grace, and, perhaps less obviously, the net.  You see, even with a seasoned professional who has been practicing the art of trapeze for many years in coordination with others, the reality is that someone, someday, is going to fall.  There will be a misplaced hand, a slightly under/over powered maneuver, an off day.  The more complexity, the more people involved in the act, the more likely it is to have a missed connection, the more important the net becomes.   No one really wants to be at the show where a smashed skull is part of the entertainment. No one wants to BE that show!

For me, polyamory is managed risk.  I've tried some pretty freakin' challenging things, and sometimes the hands were there to catch me, and other times, I've fallen on my ass.  I want that net!

But what is a net in polyamory?  It's the skills you learn to support yourself, even when things don't go according to plan, because they won't always.  It's building the tenacity to climb the ladder again, grab the bar, and swing yourself into space in rhythm with other people, knowing that some days, some months, some years, are going to be spent falling over and over, as you attempt to learn a complex sequence together.  It's learning to assess who is going to catch you, and who isn't. It's being honest with yourself about who wants to put the work in, and who isn't going to train hard enough to be capable of the more complex stunts. It's knowing when you need to swing out there on your own, and just practice hanging onto the bar, finding your own rhythm.

The net isn't external.  It's internal.   When your internal net is strong, it's easier to try challenging, but highly rewarding things in your relationships!  You can fly, knowing that, even if you fall, you'll catch yourself.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE SPELL CASTER (DR. GBOJIE) THAT HELPED ME RESTORE MY RELATIONSHIP 
 I was absolutely desperate to get my husband back. Life without my husband was a real mess for me and my children. i wanted a dramatic change and I thought love spell could be the solution. After discussing the resolution with Him, he gave me hope that he will restore my marriage. I felt confident that he will actually make my husband to return home and he did! It’s fantastic what this great spell caster has done for me, his help is priceless! I don’t know what I would have done without his help, He does his job so well he is organized and highly functional, i believe he is the best service to use i can count on when it comes to restoring relationship, I was floored that his worked was perfect, if you need help, ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com or whatsapp :  +2349066410185 check out his website :http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me    

Darshika said...


Thank you Dr Williams for what you have done for me am so greatful my lover is back to me and we are now living happily together. Dr Williams love spell is very powerful and effective and it does not have any side effect as he promised I decided to give Dr Williams a try when my lover left me for another he helped me to cast a love spell on my lover that brought him back to me what makes me excited the most is that my lover did not even know he is under a spell if you are passing through relationship love problem I advice you to contact Dr Williams to get your problem solve. It's very hard to loose a love one and I know how it feels so do not let somebody take away your lover from you. Contact Dr Williams today and get your problem solve and if you need his help below here is his email address.
drwilliams533@gmail. com or you can also reach him on his WhatsApp +2348136785562

Anonymous said...

Am so excited that my ex husband is back into my life after we had a serious argument which led to him leaving me, my life was a mess without him because he was my source of happiness i tried calling him but he didn't answer my call but everything came to an end after i contacted this genuine and powerful spell caster called DR Padman who cast a love spell on my ex husband to make him realize how much he loves me and that we are meant to be together forever, since then we have never had a quarrel again and our love for each other has continue to grow each day. contact him now for urgent love spell at info@padmanspell.com or padmanlovespell@yahoo.com or add him up on WhatsApp +19492293867 web site https://padmanspell.com

Peace Gold said...

I have great joy in my heart as I'm writing this testimony about the great man called Dr.John, When my lover left me, I thought i will not be able to get her back after all she has put me through, but I am so happy that after the interference of Dr.John, I was able to get my lover back within 48 hours. And I can proudly say that who ever need help in getting his lover back should contact Dr.John on these contact details below WhatsApp +1 706 871 4571, or Drjohnsoco @ gmail. com, for quicker response of what I have just witness.

Unknown said...

THANKS Dr ISIKOLO FOR RESTORING MY HAPPINESS AND MY FAMILY TOGETHER. WHATSAPP HIM VIA: +2348133261196.
Hello, I am Rosa Antoine. After i have been in a Union called marriage with my husband for years, he was abusive and destroyed the love we shared and left me. I did everything possible to get back to him but all was in vain, I wanted him back so badly because i loved him. I messaged the spell caster called Dr Isikolo on whatsApp when i found his contact online and he assured me there was no problem and that everything will be okay. He told me everything that was required which i presented and so he cast the spell for me and surprisingly after 48 hours, my husband called me aplogizing for everything which came as a huge and overwhelming joy. I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that had happened He wanted me to return to him. He also said he loved me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again. so anyone who need help on any kind of problems can also contact this real and very genuine spell caster on his email: (isikolosolutionhome@gmail.com) You can also WhatsApp him on +2348133261196

Mia said...

Hello everyone, I am Mia. from Oklahoma USA, I want to use this medium to appreciate Dr Ogedegbe the great black magic spell caster for the successful death spells he cast on someone for me. I contacted him when my husband left me for another woman who uses witchcraft power to take my husband. I was desperately in need of help when I found his contacts online about his genuine powers. I told him my situation and how I wanted the bitch who took my husband gone. He told me not to worry. He cast the death spells ritual on her and the bitch died in her sleep within 24hours. Now my husband  is back home and we are living happily. Thank you so much Dr Ogedegbe, You are so real and true. Below are his contacts in case you want to contact him via email dr.ogedegbe6@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp:  +2348109374702....
He also rendered the following services.....LOVE SPELL....LOTTERY SPELL....PROMOTION SPELL...etc..   

Shannon Mackle said...

HAPPY TO HAVE MY EX-BOYFRIEND BACK________________________________((R.BUCKLER11@GMAIL. COM)),