Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Opening up again

We signed papers to buy the house yesterday! It went really well, and all of us are feeling good about the new space, and the way things are fitting in our triad/household. Two more days and we'll have keys and start moving in!

In a totally different direction, S has been forming a new connection over the past several weeks while I've been getting myself whipped back into shape emotionally. Since he and I started dating, I have been pretty closed to outside people, wanting to leave plenty of space and energy to grow and stabilize that relationship, as well as integrating it into my relationship with PG as well, so it's been over a year since I have been "out" on a physical or emotional level with any non-primaries.

This being S's first time having an open poly relationship, he's been intrigued and curious as to his capacity to function fully with another partner emotionally and what it would be like to balance the needs of more than one other person in a relationship. To be "really truly" poly. We've done a bit of casual friendly social stuff, with an eye to moving forward into something more intense when the timing seemed right and an appropriate partner presented themselves. He and B have been talking for the past couple of months, dating for a month or so, and I've kept myself in the loop, met her, and enjoyed that experience. They have a good repoire and get along well. Last night was another date for them, and after my kiddo was in bed, I asked to join them. PG graciously covered things on the home front and off I went!

After joining them, there was some lovely snuggling and chit chat while watching a movie over at S's place. (Of course, by the end of the week, we'll be in the new combined space, so this was a last hurrah for the old townhouse!) Then I decided that I've spent too much time and energy on fear of late and that I should just reach out and feel potential connection and move forward with that. A really wonderful time was had by all, and I relished being able to show S a side of me he hasn't had access to yet. B is rather pleased by the shift in energy and direction, so it looks like we've got some great possibilities as we advance with this connection!

PG's newest connection was just in contact with me today as well via email. They met at a poly function a month or so ago and have had a couple of friendly dates. They have a more private date set up the weekend after the move, so it's going to be interesting to see all the potential shifts coming up. Fortunately, both of the new people in our pod's life are experienced poly types, with many of the skills that really streamline the process of joining up with existing relationships! This is a very exciting time for all of us on so many levels. For me, the most exciting part is that I'm feeling excited about it again.

PF

No comments: